- Supervises and trains fixed site or mobile collection and support staff.
- Coaches and mentors fixed site staff regarding appropriate adherence to SunCoast's SOPs, personnel policies and customer service activities.
- Utilizes Employee Notification system to report and document SOP or policy violations if they occur.
- Assists with activities related to marketing and public relations, including but not limited to communication with recruitment and communications departments regarding special promotions and distribution of promotional items.
- Greets and registers donors and patients.
- Performs all front desk duties. Coordinates with physician office staff for collection of products from autologous, directed and therapeutic donors and patients.
- Determines donor suitability.
- Performs phlebotomy for the collection of whole blood units or testing samples. Operates automated equipment to collect red cell, plasma and platelet products.
- Provides post-donation care and instructions, including treatment of adverse reactions.
- Assures proper storage of blood during collection operations and prepares for transport.
- Performs donor record review and data entry.
- Performs QC, maintenance, calibration and validation of section equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to manager.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to manager.
- Meets established collection goals.
- Assists with the coordination of fixed site facility maintenance. Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
Hours or Shift:
Full Time - General business hours, and as needed to meet department needs
High school or equivalent experience
none - prefer medical related licensure or certificate
Experience: 1 year supervisory; additional blood bank production experience considered in lieu of supervisory experience, plus 1 year automated collections. 1 year automated collections, plus 1 year Crew Chief-I ( For Crew Chief II position ).