DS Nurse - II
DS Nurse - II
- Assists with the supervision of fixed site collection and support staff.
- Greets and registers donors and patients. Performs all other front desk duties. Coordinates with physician or office staff for collection of products from autologous, directed and therapeutic donors and patients.
- Determines donor suitability.
- Performs phlebotomy for the collection of whole blood units or samples. Operates automated equipment to collect red cell, plasma and platelet products.
- Provides post-donation care and instructions, including treatment of adverse reactions.
- Assesses patient’s suitability for therapeutic apheresis procedures.
- Coordinates and performs therapeutic apheresis procedures.
- Oversees the training and development of the DS Nurse-I.
- Assures proper storage of blood during collection operations and prepares for transport.
- Performs donor record review to assure record is accurate and complete.
- Performs QC, maintenance, calibration and validation of section equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to manager.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to manager.
- Meets established collection goals and standards.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Other duties as required to fulfill the organization’s mission and vision.
- Position includes base compensation , shift differentials, as well as a sign on bonus.
Please Apply at :
Hours or Shift:
Full Time - General business hours, and as needed to meet department needs
Appropriate nursing educational program related to licensure level
Current Florida LPN with central line certification; Prefer RN
2 years in-patient care or hemodialysis, plus 2 years medically related patient care, OR
1 year automated donor collections, plus 1 year DS Nurse-I